When you have bowed/buckling walls you have very unstable structural problem that threatens the survival of your home. However, here at D&L Waterproofing we provide bowed wall repair services that will not only fix your basement walls but stabilize them for good. Don't let this problem intimidate you or your wallet, our services are both simple AND affordable. That being said, bowing basement walls are caused from too much hydrostatic pressure in the soil surrounding a home. As is the case with most soil in the tri-state area of Western Kentucky, Southern Indiana, and Southern Illinois, it is very rich in clay and other minerals that absorb a lot of water whenever it rains, or when there is melting snow on the lawn. When the soil absorbs this moisture, it swells up, and this will put an extreme amount of pressure on your basement walls. This pressure is what is known as hydrostatic pressure. Eventually, this is going to be too powerful of a force for your walls to handle, and they will start to lean into the home. It's also not uncommon for this pressure to cause wall cracks to form, as well. They can appear in various shapes, sizes, and depths.
You will know that you have a buckling wall problem in your home if you happen to notice the following warning signs:
- One or more walls are leaning or tilting into the basement
- Wall cracks appear next to the leaning wall
- Exterior or interior wall cracks develop unexpectedly
- Windows and doors don't open or close like the used to
SafeBasements™ Wall Anchors
We make use of SafeBasements™ wall anchors to fix leaning basement walls. The anchors are installed deep within the earth in stable, load-bearing strata. A wall plate is installed inside of the home on the damaged wall. The two are conencted to each other with a strong, metal rod. The rod can be tightened over time to add the necessary lateral pressure needed to combat soil pressures.
Below are some of the features of these wall anchors:
- 10-20 minute installation time for each anchor
- No mess left in front or backyard
- Minimal excavation required
- "Ball and socket" hardware on the wall plate can be changed to adapt to any angle for torque to the wall anchor
- Increased holding power when compared with traditional anchors
- Driven into stable soil for the best holding power
- Have undergone rigorous testing and have been proven to be one of the strongest and easiest to install anchors available on the market today
This makes the anchors a better choice over traditional anchors because they don't require a giant hole to be dug out for their installation, and they are also much easier to maintain when the soil around the home starts to naturally settle. Our professionals have experience installing these anchors on countless homes all over the area.